Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I know I can, I know I can, I know I can!!!!!!

We finally accomplished what we started this summer. After much frustration and many tears from everyone, Dani has finally taken off on two wheels. We didn't really have plans to ditch the training wheels this year. Tony ran over the training wheels so we had no choice and I refused to buy new ones. She was going to learn how to ride a bike. I tried, Tony tried(anyone who knows Tony knows that was a short lived experience), and Chante tried. We bribed as you will see in one of the videos. Chante had told me about a thing that you put on the bike to help them balance but you don't have to brake your back trying to hold onto the bike, and they learn quickly. What did I have to lose? I went to Target and bought the Balance Buddy(the funny handle on the back of the bike), that was back in July. I finally got aroung to putting it on the bike tonight and gave it a try. All the testimonials that I read said the child should be riding on their own within 10 min with no tears. They were right! Dani we are so very proud of you and all you do.

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

hands on demonstration.....still didn't work




Yes....you did it!




I'm still trying to figure out loading the videos so watch the bottom on first then the top one





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB DANI!!!!! I'm so proud of you! I love you and miss you! And I can't wait to see you in December.

Mummert Family said...

Good job Dani!! You did it before you turned 6!! You will have to show off for us next time we come see you. love you and miss you tons