Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Wagons Day

I talked my friend Chante and her little boy Wyatt into going up to the Wagons Day parade in Ketchum with me after I swore I would never go again after the last time I went. I'm so glad I went. The weather was awesome although we did get rained on right when we got our of the car. The Wagons Day parade is the oldest and I believe the only non-motorized parade in the U.S. If you have never been it's definitely something to experience. We sat with my brother and his family and several friends. We all had a great time.

cousins and best friends



Gretchen was so excited to see all the animals

Wyatt, Dani and Ethan




beautiful horses






The Budweiser Clydesdale's. These horses were amazing to see. They are probably some of the most catered animals around. They each ride in their own air conditioned stall and don't come out of the trailer until just about the last minute. They are groomed for 1-2 hours each before each appearance. I was also surprised at all the requirement to be a Budweiser Clydesdale. There are almost as many requirements to be a Cowboy cheerleader. The City of Ketchum has been trying to get them here for the past 2 years and finally got them here for the 50th anniversary.

old trappers

The kids thought it was pretty neat to see someone they new in the parade. Juve Worthington playing the fiddle goes to our church.

Becca loved watching all the horses and mules

what's a parade without Smokey the Bear

Dancing horses, I got a video of them that I posted a little video that shows the horses dancing


The amazing 20 hitch mule wagon. The 20 mules are pulling 8 ore wagons that they used to use coming over a very dangerous mountain pass.


All tuckered out! This picture is definitely worth 1000 words. 4 kids all asleep, all the same way.




this guy is amazing

0 comments: