Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Thrifty Nifty

I paid $25.00 for ALL THIS!
I got 6 Tree Top apple juices, 10 lbs. potatoes, 1 lb. strawberries, 4 lbs. cheese, 1 Lighthouse dressing, 2 bunches aspargus, 3 flavored milks, and 12 pack TP.

So I have been learning how to shop with coupons the last couple months and the work is finally paying off. I've always hear of big families feeding their family's for hardly anything and now I'm figuring out how they are doing it.


I've cut our grocery bill by half and I don't have to drive an hour to get all the good deals. Shopping with coupons locally and wathing the sales at both Albertsons and Atkinsons is so much more affordable than driving to Winco.


I know that when the checkers at Albertsons see me coming the want to run and hide. It's inevitable that when I get in line and start getting my coupons out they get busy. I felt bad at first but now that I'm saving so much I don't really care what everyone else in the store is thinking.


Last night when I was paying for my groceries in 3 seperate transactions the checker was showing everyone my receipt and how much I saved. It's also not uncommon to have to get a manager override on my transactions because I saved TOO MUCH!!!!!


My new found hobby is COUPONING! I have found several sites and talking to my sister who is also an avid couponer to find the best deals.
This week I've spent $126.37 and saved $160.89. I'm so thankful for my new found way of grocery shopping. I didn't get pictures of all my goods or I would post them, it would take me a week to list all my good deals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know the thing that surprised me most about that picture was that the desk top was clean! did you put all the usual clutter on the floor just to take the picture? :)

theatienza6 said...

NOPE it was clean. I did have to move the file folders but it was clean!!!! Amazing I know!