Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Soccer

This is Than's 5th year playing soccer. He LOVES it! I don't usually get too excited at the games since I don't know the game all that well. (I'm the mom that will get kicked off the field at sporting events) Anyway, each year he gets a little more aggressive and for those of you that know Than, that is a good thing. He is much faster this year also. He plays in the offence and is so happy there. I was starting to get a little irritated after the last game when he was still playing offence. He's been playing offence since last season and I as the mother and seeing how well he has improved thought he should at least play a little defence. I asked him why he never got to play defence and he told me, "I don't like to play defence, just offence and did you see that I got to play to whole game Mom?" So there you have it, he plays offence because that's what he likes to play and I as the very competitive mom needs to be o.k. with that. After all he was the only one that got to play the whole game. The first game of the season got rained out and when they called the game we were up by 5. The second game against a pretty hard team who think they are playing American football was awesome too. We won 9-1. We have another game this Saturday and hopefully we will keep up our winning streak.





waiting very patiently....to patiently if you ask me









2 comments:

Becky Frame said...

I SO love seeing pictures of home on your blog. :) And yay for Than the soccer king!

Mummert Family said...

Go Than Go!! I am so proud of you.
Miss you and will see you soon. I promise!!